From fashion to makeup, Native makeup artist Tecia Jackson shares with us tips and tricks to survive this Winter season.
1. Life just got simpler. Keep your spring dresses unpacked; instead incorporate them into your winter wardrobe by layering them with a cardigan, leggings and over the knee boots. Why not toss on a scarf, too?
2. A must-have item this winter is a denim button down shirt. It can be worn alone or with a crewneck sweater over it. Wear this look with everything from slacks to skirts to leather pants. Whether you dress up or dress down, this look with a black beanie will bring a little funk to your outfit of the day.
3. Skip the classic black pea coat this winter and shoot for plaid for a change up. Make a bright statement with a pop of color.
4. Tired of wearing jeans? Slide on a fitted sweater dress, paired with tights or stockings with over-the-knee boots.
5. One can never have too many scarves. Arrange them from chunky & knitted, to sheer & heavy print. Wear with anything & everything, it’s sure to be your go-to-item.
6. Going out tonight? Turn heads with a semi-classic look: a tuxedo blazer layered over a sheer top, shorts, tights and ankle boots.
7. Whether it’s a center part or deep side part, pull your hair back into a low ponytail and wear it slicked down. This works for both a day in the office or out at the grocery store.
8. Not into the sleek look? Go for a grunge look by scrunching your hair with hair spritz or salt spray.
9. It’s time to step away from the full, heavy-fringed bangs this winter. Instead make them choppy and wispy.
10. Fresh skin is a great look this season. A neutral eye tone with soft blush is the go-to makeup look. Another pretty yet simple look is bare cheeks with bold eyeliner. Top off the look with red lips and red nails. For a not-so-sleek look, smudge your eyeliner a bit.